Welcome to the high country. Here at just over 9000ft, the air is thin but the scenery is amazing. This aspen clad lake loop is approximately 12mi. in length and can afford one the opportunity to look down Zion Canyon. This ride is a great place to escape the heat as temps can be as much as 20 degrees cooler at this altitude. Drive time is approximately 1.5hr but scenic as can be.
The Days Events
- The day starts with a scenic drive east and north of Zion to the high elevation plateau along Highway 14.
- Navajo Lake is the Headwaters area for the Virgin River Narrows and our destination for this high alpine ride amongst aspen & pines.
- This route is not that difficult technically but does require some decent cardio. There are switchbacks that can be a little difficult, but what better place to master this kill than in a beautiful setting with a helpful guide.
- There are options to make this ride shorter or longer as necessary. We’ll start off on the same route either way and make decisions as we go.
- This trip, for the most part, circumnavigates a high elevation lake that does offer up a brisk dip at the end of the ride.
- Our trips are set up as privately guided trips. This means that you will not be stuck with others who might impact your experience adversely.
- Please let us know if you would like the option of an open group trip to save money.
- All riders can benefit from proper body mechanics, weight distribution, and braking techniques. Our guides are well versed in all riding techniques and can assist with increasing your skill level.
- All riders will be briefed on the mechanisms and components of their state of the art mountain bike before we start to ride.
- Your guide is also well versed on the local area and can interpret much of what you see. If you have a question just ask.
- Included Equipment:
- A full suspension mountain bike is included in the trip pricing
- Helmets are also included
- A small biking pack, if needed
- A local knowledgeable mountain bike guide.
- Transportation of bikes- Occasionally we ask folks to drive to the trailhead, but we transport the bikes.
- What you should bring:
- A CamelBak if you own one, or water bottles (100oz or 3 liters)
- Snack foods (power bars, gel shots, candy bars…)
- Sturdy footwear (running shoes are fine)
- Athletic clothing (shorts and a t-shirt with an upper layer) weather dependent
- A camera (small)
In the Morning (what to expect)
- Please arrive promptly the morning of your trip. If we have not sized you for bikes prior, we will have to do that in the morning
- Please park behind our shop
- Bring all of your things that you want to take into the shop.
- Fill out any necessary forms if you have not done so already (medical & liability release)