The Days Events
- The day starts with a scenic drive east and north of Zion to the high elevation plateau along Highway 14.
- Navajo Lake is the Headewaters area for the Virgin River Narrows and our destination for this high alpine ride amongst aspen & pines.
- This route is not that difficult technically but does require some decent cardio. There are switchbacks that can be a little difficult, but what better place to master this kill than in a beautiful setting with a helpful guide.
- There are options to make this ride shorter or longer as necessarry. We’ll start off on the same route either way and make decisions as we go.
- This trip for the most part circumnavigates a high elevation lake that does offer up a brisk dip at the end of the ride.
- Our trips are set up as privately guided trips. This means that you will not be stuck with others who might impact your experience adversely.
- Please let us knowif you would like the option of of an open group trip to save money.
- All riders can benefit from proper body mechanics, weight distribution and braking techniques. Our guides are well versed in all riding techniques and can assist with increasing your skill level.
- All riders will be briefed on the mechanisms and components of their state of the art mountain bike before we start to ride.
- Your guide is also well versed on the local area and can interpret much of what you see. If you have a question-just ask.
- Included Equipment:
- A full suspension mountain bike is included in the trip pricing
- Helmets are also included
- A small biking pack, if needed
- A local knowledgeable mountan bike guide.
- Transportation of bikes- Occasionally we ask folks to drive to the trail head, but we transport the bikes.
- What you should bring:
- A camelbak if you own one, or water bottles (100oz or 3 litres)
- Snack foods (powerbars, gel shots, candy bars…)
- Sturdy footwear (running shoes are fine)
- Athletic clothing (shorts and t shirt with an uper layer) weather dependent
- A camera (small)
In the Morning (what to expect)
- Please arrive promptly the morning of your trip. If we have not sized you for bikes prior, we will have to do that in the morning
- Please park behind our shop
- Bring all of your things that you want to take into the shop.
- Fill out any necessary forms if you have not done so already (medical & liability release)