The Days Events
- All of the benefits of the JEM trail and then some in a longer more demanding version.
- The Hurricane Rim Trail has awesome plate rock riding that requires intermediate bike handling skills to negotiate. We can work on the skills necessary as we go. This trail also serves up a healthy dose of elevation gain and loss with zippy singletrack downhill sections, and uphill to match.
- The Goulds Rim Trail is a desert sagebrush lined rim that heads deep into the outback to connect the Hurricane and Jem Trails.
- A truly awesome desert singletrack experience. Vast vistas towards Zion National Park line the horizon for much of this trip.
- There are serious and potentially deadly drop offs that line the end of this trail. Your guide will assess the groups riding abilites and has the right to either have folks walk their bikes or circumnavigate the potentially dangerous sections of the ride.
- There are some nice swimming holes at the end of this ride. A benefit of driving your own car, is that you can enjoy the river at the end of the ride.
- Our trips are set up as privately guided trips. This means that you will not be stuck with others who might impact your experience adversely. Please let us know if you would like the option of of an open group trip to save money.
- There are a few riding options to make this ride easy or harder. We can also shorten the ride and make it easier by doing this as a one way primarily downhill ride.
- All riders can benefit from proper body mechanics, weight distribution and braking techniques. Our guides are well versed in all riding techniques and can assist with increasing your skill level.
- All riders will be briefed on the mechanisms and components of their state of the art mountain bike before we start to ride.
- Your guide is also well versed on the local area and can interpret much of what you see. If you have a question-just ask.
- Included Equipment:
- A full suspension mountain bike is included in the trip pricing
- Helmets are also included
- A small biking pack, if needed
- A local knowledgeable mountan bike guide.
- Transportation of bikes- Occasionally we ask folks to drive to the trail head, but we transport the bikes.
- What you should bring:
- A camelbak if you own one, or water bottles (100oz or 3 litres)
- Snack foods (powerbars, gel shots, candy bars…)
- Sturdy footwear (running shoes are fine)
- Athletic clothing (shorts and t shirt with an uper layer) weather dependent
- A camera (small)
In the Morning (what to expect)
- Please arrive promptly the morning of your trip. If we have not sized you for bikes prior, we will have to do that in the morning
- Please park behind our shop
- Bring all of your things that you want to take into the shop.
- Fill out any necessary forms if you have not done so already (medical & liability release)